Advantages of a CCTV System (Video Surveillance)
As most people think, the Closed Circuit Television (CCTV) system, beyond being a few cameras recording everything in its path, is a key piece to improving production and monitoring processes within a company. In addition, it facilitates the control of existing restricted zones and areas of operation in which only authorized persons can enter. Some teams generate databases of facial recognition, vehicle license plates, and serial numbers of packages or machinery.
However, before continuing with other benefits of this type of system, it is important to remember that CCTV has other applications besides surveillance. In summary, they can be grouped into three large blocks:
- Video surveillance.
In this way, they can be used to identify individuals, monitor people or processes or identify all kinds of elements.
Advantages of a CCTV System or closed circuit television
With this information present, we will show you other of the many advantages of CCTV.
- Prevention of illegal acts such as theft or unauthorized entry.
- It reduces surveillance costs since the cameras cover very wide areas, making it possible to monitor but using fewer personnel.
- It is a multi-camera system, that is, it offers a view with a single monitor of all the areas that you want to be supervised. Also, every day the systems are more advanced and the image quality is sharper and offers better video performance.
- They help minimize damage to goods and optimize merchandise verification processes in the event of customer complaints.
- It facilitates the identification of people who are in that place and in case of an emergency, you can have greater control.
- Powerful audio alerts are needed to instantly announce and report risky situations, sound alarms to warn personnel, and give directions if they are in risky areas.
These are some of the positive aspects of Closed Circuit Television, a fundamental tool for any company. It is crucial to keep in mind that these technologies adapt to the new needs that arise in companies, thus guaranteeing quality and long life.
Do you want to have a CCTV system in your company?
SH Engineering has a solid portfolio made up of the best and most recognized brands in the CCTV market, as well as personalized advice to cover all the requirements and budgets of our clients.
Contact our specialized team here.