We are experts in CCTV Installation in Huntington Beach and throughout Southern California. Secure your business now by calling on Starlight, We will be able to offer you a solution adapted to your needs and your budget. In the event of a problem, our troubleshooters also intervene as quickly as possible for professional repair.
Our CCTV Installation Team In Huntington Beach offers you:
- Purchase solution in one or more regulations
- Rental service for surveillance camera and all video surveillance equipment with maintenance, assistance, movement and new replacement included
- After-sales service is available seven days a week.
- Quick repair: our troubleshooters and technicians are at your disposal
- Quotation for professionals and individuals free and within 24 hours, travel included
Contact Us For CCTV Installation In Huntington Beach:
We have almost a decade of bright experience in Security Camera System Installation– giving you the best levels of service, the best protection against theft and vandalism and amazing customer service 24/7.
- Expert installation of CCTV systems for both home and business
- Repairs and upgrades to existing camera systems
- Professional advice on crime reduction, security cameras.
Which is better: an IP camera or a CCTV camera?
Video surveillance is one of the best security measures. Thanks to technology, we have more options than ever. In this sense, the first choice that arises is to choose between an IP camera or a CCTV camera.
How is an IP camera similar to a CCTV camera? What advantages and disadvantages do they have? We tell you everything so you can make the best decision.
Advantages of IP and CCTV cameras
Any type of camera has the advantage of being very dissuasive. Be it an IP camera or a CCTV camera, recording an intruder means that they can be recognized and captured.
Taking into account this common characteristic, we are going to see how the advantages of an IP camera differ from those of a CCTV camera.
Advantages of an IP camera
IP cameras or network cameras are video devices that are connected via the Internet. They can transmit high definition video and are the alternative to the traditional CCTV camera. Its advantages are:
- Cheaper than CCTV cameras.
- Greater number of options and qualities for a lower price.
- Easy installation and maintenance.
- They connect to any computer or mobile so that we can see and operate the camera from anywhere we have the Internet.
If you are short on budget or have no special requirements, an IP camera can provide security and peace of mind for very little.
Advantages of a CCTV camera
CCTV cameras refer to those that are connected to closed-circuit television, hence its acronym. Normally, these cameras take the images to monitors where we can see what is happening at all times.
Its main advantages are:
- Greater image reliability, since the camera connects directly to the monitor, not losing detail due to network saturation.
- Greater security if it is connected to a central. Ideally, this type of service should be installed by a security company, which is in charge of managing the circuit. In that way, it is a more professional solution than IP cameras. Before any alert, they will verify the threat and, if necessary, they will send a security agent at the same time that they notify the Police.
- Anti-inhibition security, since the CCTV signal cannot be inhibited, unlike the Internet signal.
- Anti-sabotage security, since if someone tries to sabotage the CCTV system cable, an alert signal will be sent to the security company.
Disadvantages of an IP camera and a CCTV camera
On the other hand, a video surveillance camera, be it IP or CCTV, has some drawbacks. For example, they both depend on electricity. In addition, they must respect the data protection law.
Disadvantages of an IP camera
- Its effectiveness depends on the Internet service. If the network fails, it is of little use to us. The same happens with the receiver apparatus. If we have little coverage, we will not see well what happens.
- Susceptible to sabotage due to frequency inhibition for WiFi or mobile.
Disadvantages of a CCTV camera
- Installing a closed-circuit system is usually more expensive and complex than an IP camera.
- A poor installation, with exposed cables, can be conducive to sabotage. If we do not have the backing of a security company, it makes us much more vulnerable.
What is safer, install an IP camera or a CCTV camera?
What to choose then? If we want the best type of camera, instead of thinking of an IP camera or a CCTV camera, the best option to choose is a hybrid camera.
Best Kind of Surveillance Camera: Hybrid Cameras
The camera’s hybrid has a CCTV system and also give the option to transmit images as an IP camera over the Internet. Thus, we do not depend on being attentive to a closed-circuit installed in one place.
That means that hybrid cameras capture the best of both worlds and are probably the best option for cases where we do not want to compromise on comfort and reliability.